Let's cover some of the most asked questions I get regarding mixing and my services.
- 1. Where are you from?
- 2. Do you actually own everything you use?
- 3. What payment methods do you accept?
- 4. Will you do the mix if I promise to pay you afterward?
- 5. What is your payment policy?
- 6. How do you want me to send you tracks for mixing?
- 7. Will you edit the tracks as you mix?
- 8. Do you offer album deals or special offers?
- 9. What is your policy with mix revisions?
- 10. Can you make my mix sound like [Insert Famous Mixer] mixed it?
- 11. Can you do a video review for my product on your Chernobyl Studios YouTube channel?
1. Where are you from?
I live and work from Kiev, Ukraine, which is in the Eastern European time zone of GMT +3.Top
2. Do you actually own everything you use?
I’m proud to say that every single plugin and DAW I use has a proper legal license to my name. Your music will be created legally by a metal mixing studio that has invested in itself by actually buying the products required to do the work.Top
3. What payment methods do you accept?
Payments for my metal mixing services can be made via PayPal, Western Union, and SWIFT bank transfers.
4. Will you do the mix if I promise to pay you afterward?
My metal mixing services require a lot of time and effort, which means I can’t work for promises. Sorry.Top
5. What is your payment policy?
My payment policy is 50% of the total project cost in advance, and 50% upon completion, where you would then receive your finished mixes. The only major exception to this rule concerns single songs, where full payment for the production of your song would need to be paid in full in advance.
No work will begin until the 50% advance payment is made (or 100% payment in case of singles), and no finished mixes will be sent without the final 50% being paid. No exceptions.Top
6. How do you want me to send you tracks for mixing?
I have a complete list of instructions on how to do this that you can read by clicking here.Top
7. Will you edit the tracks as you mix?
No. Mixing and editing are two different things. I can edit your tracks and then mix them, but editing your tracks is an entirely different billed service. If you bring me on to mix your tracks with no explicit instructions or agreements that I should edit them, I will mix them as I receive them.Top
8. Do you offer album deals or special offers?
In general, yes, but this is completely project dependant. Album deals and special offers happen in cases where the project is huge, will take a long time, and require many different billed services.Top
9. What is your policy with mix revisions?
I offer two mix revisions for every song free of charge. After that, each subsequent mix revision is $20. The extra fees would be added to your second 50% payment.Top
10. Can you make my mix sound like [Insert Famous Mixer] mixed it?
No, I can’t. I’m Scott. I’m not Joey Sturgis, Eyal Levi, Joel Wanasek, Andy Sneap, or any of those other guys. I have my own mixing sound and style and I’m not interested in copying other people’s sounds. As they say, if you want it to sound like Joey Sturgis mixed your music - you may want to try contacting Joey Sturgis.Top
11. Can you do a video review for my product on your Chernobyl Studios YouTube channel?
Yes I can. I offer to do comprehensive video reviews and demos that I’ll post for my audience to see. You can check out the details on my Services page.Top